∑ Student should respect themselves.
∑ Student should respect others.
∑ Student should respect the school.
∑ Student should be on time for class.
∑ Student should be prepared for class.
∑ Student should treat others like they want to be treated in return.
∑ Student should raise hand when they want to speak.
∑ Student should remain in their seat until dismissed by the teacher.
∑ If the student is not on time for class they will be warned. If the problem persists they will lose time off of recess.
∑ If the student does not bring materials for class they will be reminded of the rule. If the problem continues they will lose privileges such as recess or special activities.
∑ If the student does not treat others appropriately, the teacher will talk them and remind them of the rules. If the problem continues they will lose recess time or receive a time-out if it occurs at recess.
∑ I the student does not raise their hand they will kindly be reminded by the teacher. It the problem continues the student will lose one minute off of recess for every infraction.
∑ If a student is late for class, they will discuss the violation with the teacher. If they are late for three classes, their parents will be notified, and the student will receive time out.
∑ If a student leaves before they are dismissed, they will be reminded of the rule. If this behavior continues, the student will be required to stay until every student has left the classroom before they are dismissed.
∑ If the student is not on time for class they will be notified of the problem. If the problem persists their parents and administrators will be notified. If when entering the room incorrectly, the teacher will make the student re-enter the room in the correct manner.
∑ If a student is unprepared for class, they will be asked to discuss this with the teacher. If this becomes a problem again in the future, the studentís parents will be notified.
∑ If the student does not treat others appropriately, the teacher will talk them and remind them of the rules. If this violation is repeated the studentís parents or the principal will be notified. The student will be moved next to the teacherís desk if this is necessary.
∑ If a student fails to raise their hand when they want to speak, a simple reminder will be given. If a student is consistent with this violation the student will be required to discuss the problem with the teacher.
∑ If the student fails to stay in their seat until dismissed by the teacher, the teacher will kindly make the student retry the activity until it is done correctly.
Included are teacher expectations and consequences:
ō Teacher Expectations:
1. Teacher should be on time for class.
2. Teacher should be prepared.
3. Teacher should respect others and themselves
4. Teacher should provide feedback to students
5. Teacher should show devotion and excitement for material and class.
1. If the teacher is not on time, students should discuss the matter with them. If this becomes more prevalent, the teacher will meet with administration about the problem.
2. If the teacher is not prepared, this violation should be discussed with students as well as the principal.
3. If the teacher does not respect others and themselves, a meeting with higher administration should be made to discuss the matter.
4. If the teacher does not provide feedback to students, students should discuss the matter with the teacher.
5. If the teacher does not show enthusiasm to the class, students should discuss the matter with them. If this becomes more consistent, the principal should be notified for a meeting with the teacher.
Return to Homepage
Behave or the little green monster will get you!
©Scott E. Engle - Rightengle.com